-->

Sunday, March 3, 2013

My Underbite Experience. (Pre-Surgery)

Hi everyone! I can't believe the time has come for me to write this and share my underbite experience with you all. Most of you know that I'm heading in for surgery this Tuesday (5th March), to correct my underbite and crooked, lower jaw. It's something I've had for my whole teenage life and to say it's been a burden, is an understatement. The physical, emotional and mental pain and suffering you go through from having a disfigurement - especially a facial disfigurement - is unexplainable. It's not something you can cover up or hide with makeup, it's there for everyone to see and judge. No blog post or video would be able to get my experience across entirely, it'd be impossible. My experience may differ to other peoples', but I thought that sharing mine would help and inform others. Reading blog posts and watching videos about underbites and the corrective surgery have helped me more than anything during this process. I explain everything in a video embedded at the bottom of this post also, showing you guys my underbite at various angles and explaining experiences etc.
When I was around 7-8, my teeth started overcrowding in my mouth and my bite changed for the first time. A "normal" bite means that the top jaw sits in front of the bottom jaw; my bite as a child met in the middle. When I got braces on to correct my extreme overcrowding at the age of 11, we were warned that there was a possibility of an underbite occurring during my teens. Also, I had an expander on my top jaw; it was expanding my smaller top jaw, and again, there was a possibility an underbite could occur from that correction. Obviously, that's what happened! My orthodontist started to notice the underbite developing when I was around 14, and it became most noticeable to everyone (and myself) when I just turned 15. My lower teeth and jaw started to protrude in front of my top jaw more and more by the month. During this time, I was unfortunately getting bullied outside and inside of school, as well as online. To say my confidence plummeted, would be an understatement! I got my braces off for around a year when I was 16, but had them back on when I was 17 to prepare for the surgery. My underbite became worse over the last few years of school, particularly in my last year.
My bottom teeth started to grow out an angle when I was 17, which made my bottom lip and underbite look even worse than before. I walked around with my head buried in a scarf for over a year, out of shame and pure embarrassment. I had people comment on it in the street and everything. I think people forget to empathise at times; if they see something "different" about someone, the odd few will instantly pass a remark or insult you, forgetting the fact that you're most definitely aware of your "difference" yourself and are likely to be unhappy over it. To correct my lower teeth, I went in for my first surgery in October 2011 in St James' Hospital. I had all my wisdom teeth removed, along with my two lower incisors - this would create space for my orthodontist to spread my teeth out and correct the teeth growing at the almost-horizontal angle. I was put under general anesthetic for the surgery, and was let out that evening and given a heavy dose of painkillers. Usually surgeons can predict how an underbite correcting surgery will go, by seeing how a wisdom teeth removal surgery went. Unfortunately, my recovery process was tough so we're expecting my recovery for the surgery on Tuesday to be a tough one - hopefully that won't be the case.
Just to my luck, a further complication arose; instead of all of my teeth moving into the two new spaces created at the front of my lower teeth, my teeth all moved into one of the space. I was left with multiple gaps scattered around the right-hand side of my mouth. Again, my confidence was knocked, I had gaps and spaces all over my lower jaw and I began to cover my mouth anytime I talked to someone to hide them. Because of the severity of my underbite and teeth positioning, it started to affect my speech and eating. I developed a lisp, and also couldn't pronounce a lot of words due to positioning of my teeth. I wasn't able to bite or chew food properly, so I had to start cutting and chopping food into smaller pieces to aid my digestion. The process as a whole was held back around 6-8 months because of this, and it took ages for my teeth to eventually move into the correct places and for the gaps to close up. Because of the moving of the teeth, my midline was disrupted. Your midline is where the gap between your two front teeth, meets up directly with the gap between your lower front teeth. Currently, my lower front teeth are off by 3mm to my right - something that will be corrected on Tuesday, as well as the underbite. 


My underbite was at its worst in 2011 and early 2012, as you can see in the photos above. You can see the shadow and push my bottom teeth and braces left, under my lower lip. (If you watch some of my Youtube videos from around that time, it will give you a better idea also.) I started to find ways of "hiding" my underbite - avoiding certain poses and angles in photographs, for example. I always noticed my underbite in candid photos more than anything - photos people had taken, without me knowing. Over time, it has improved but there's still a significant gap. 
The surgery on Tuesday, will be double jaw surgery; some people only need one jaw repositioned, but in my case it will be the two. The surgeons are moving my top jaw forward by 1mm, and my bottom jaw back by 2mm. I've been going for consultations in St James' Hospital for the last two years, as we had to wait for the right time to operate. I only stopped growing officially last year - there's no point in having the surgery before you've stopped developing, as your underbite could just re-grow. You have a choice whether or not to go through with the surgery, I didn't think twice about it for a second and said 'yes' right away. It's an orthodontic procedure, not a cosmetic one. Saying "Oh sure you don't even need it!" to people will only irritate them; if they didn't need it, they wouldn't be going through with it -trust me. It's hard to understand what it's like to go through this and live with something like this, it's almost impossible to put it into words.
The surgery itself is extremely severe, as you can imagine; both jaws will broken, and screws will be placed all around both jaws in the new positions. I'll be checking into the hospital on Tuesday morning, and will be having the surgery that day. I'll be in hospital for around 4-5 days in total. Obviously, I'll talk more in-depth about the recovery, after the surgery but for now I'll describe it briefly. Both of my jaws will be wired shut for approximately 6-8 weeks. I had surgical hooks put on my brace wires last week, where the elastics will be looped through to wire my jaws shut temporarily. This is for my jaw bones to heal in the new positions. I won't be able to eat solids for months (usually 3/4 months, but this depends on the individual). All of my food will have to be liquidised. Over the last few months, I've had to get moulds, x-rays and a splint fitted for the operation. The splint measures where your jaws line up with your eyes, nose, ears etc. It's all very simple and painless. 
It's been an absolutely horrific experience to go through; I'm not going to sugar-coat it. I've developed Body Dysmorphic Disorder and depression because of it, as well feeling suicidal at various times in my life. It can feel like the whole world is going against you when you develop something like this - why me!? Why me out of everyone!? I've asked myself this everyday for the last 5 years. It's something that I think about 24-7, crying myself to sleep because of it is nothing new. You become your own worst enemy during an experience like this; I ended up absolutely despising myself and feeling like life wasn't worth living because of how I looked. I've been slagged by "friends", acquaintances, randoms, people online - you name it. "Jaws", "Bulldog", "Leanne Pugfull" - I've heard it all! However, I've built up an incredibly thick skin and sense of empathy because of it. I feel sorry for anyone who feels the need to put an individual down, because of something that's different about them and for something they can't help. It's pure evil. If you're going through this, or something similar - find your true friends, and keep them close. They'll be your backbone during this experience. 
You're in constant discomfort and pain with the braces and various procedures you have to have done, it's mentally tiring and draining but you just have to keep chugging on. I'll live with the experience until the day I die, and no doubt it has changed me for life. For all of you who have encouraged me, stuck up for me and have been sweet to me over the years - THANK YOU. I mean it when I say that the support I have received over the years from blog readers and video viewers alike, has been so powerful and helpful. 
I'm excited to share this journey with you, and I hope it helps and informs others. I'm 95% having my surgery on Tuesday (there's always a possibility of it being postponed, if *touch wood* a car accident occurs, for example, and someone needs an emergency operation). I'm heading in tomorrow (Monday) to have my splint fitted for the last time, and to make sure everything's ok for the next day. The nerves are kicking in, but I'm terribly excited for everything to be over and done with - at last. All I want in life is to not look in the mirror and feel the need to cry. I'm sick of looking at the ground when I walk down a street, and feeling inferior to others because of the way I look. I feel like my life is just beginning, to be honest. I highly suggest watching the video below, as I talk about and explain everything in detail. I also show you more angles of my underbite, and the currents gaps I have.


93 comments:

  1. Good luck! You're still gorgeous, underbite or not.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck, love! Can't wait to see what is it like after the surgery xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aw, it sucks that you were given hell for something you had no control over, hope everything goes well for you! Good luck. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Personally, I wouldn't have noticed it until you mentioned it! I had an overbite of 1cm which took over 5 years of orthodontic work to fix so I feel your pain! And don't worry about it, you're fabulous with or without it :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. its so so brave of you to discuss something like this in an environment were image is everything. imperfections are simply not 'allowed' and prevented. you are a beautiful girl so don't actually think something as minor as this affects that one bit. good luck with recovery :) x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good luck Leanne!

    caperepulchra.blogspot.com xo

    ReplyDelete
  7. my brother is having virtually the same thing done in a couple of months, I think it's really brave! good luck :) x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Best of luck with the surgery, Leanne.x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Good luck Leanne :) regardless of having an under bite or not you still look good! Looking forward to seeing ya! x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hopefully you can move on with your life after all this and focus on the positive ^-^ Good Luck with your surgery!! xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  11. girl you deserve it so much! braces are an absolute pain. i had them too to correct a 7 1/2 mm overbite so i know your pain. it'll be worth it in the end!

    chloe @chlowitty blogs

    ReplyDelete
  12. I hope your surgery all works out okay and you feel better after it is done xxxx
    http://unstitchedd.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  13. Good luck Leanne! You're video was so comforting, as, like you, I'm going through major surgery hopefully very soon. Not jaw surgery, so I don't share the same experience, but I share the same emotions as I'm getting my breats reduced. They are the reason I was bullied, like you, I became known for my abnormal feature. You're video not only has me thinking about my surgery to come and how to cope, but it also has me thinking how exciting it is to finally have this thing that has bothered you for so long, been the object of attention and mocking of people. Rest up and excited to see the results when you're 100% better!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I admire you so much for posting about this on your blog and your YouTube, I can't imagine how hard it must be for you. You've been an inspiration in many ways to me (and I'm sure many more people) and I wish you the best of luck. My fingers are crossed for you that everything goes to plan and runs smoothly. Don't rush yourself back no matter how many people bug you, but I'll still be excited when you return! Lots of cuddles.

    Megan xxx @MeganJaneLillie

    ReplyDelete
  15. Good luck and good recovery. It's really moving to read what you've been through and how you've dealt with it all - your openess is amazing, brave and inspiring. xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. To be honest I didn't realise how much an over bite could effect people. I have even more respect for you now, especially because you still make youtube videos and put up with the nasty comments. Good luck with the surgery!x
    lifeandlipsticks.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oops, obviously I meant underbite x

      Delete
  17. I got the same problem as you, one day i hope do this operation.
    Then you can tell how much it cost and stuff? ..
    And Good luck <3

    ReplyDelete
  18. You're so brave to share all of this with us Leanne and i have so much respect for you! My little brother has the same underbite problem as you and although his experience hasn't been as half as bad as yours it still gets him down. I even heard his own friends shout "chin!" at him.. he didn't hear but i was so angry!! How dare they!! It really upset me. He has decided not to go through with the surgery, i think he was pretty scared about the whole thing and didn't think he would cope well with it. But i wish you all the best of luck with yours! I hope all your dreams and wishes come true, you deserve it :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  19. I'm so excited for you Leanne! You're so brave and open to share this with us and you deserve to be happy and free from discomfort. I wish you a speedy recovery

    ReplyDelete
  20. First off, good luck with the surgery Leanne, hope it all goes well and that you have a well rested recovery! Secondly, after watching your video I noticed that you mentioned that there is a possibility that your face could change shape so please, please remember that even if this does happen that you are beautiful, no matter what shape your face is! Seriously! Also I know it's not the same as an underbite but, like you ever since I was little I've had trouble with my teeth (my jaw is too small for the number of teeth I have, according to my dentist I have a third complete set, I dunno why) but I can't thank you enough for all the times that you have shared these video/posts with us as you are such a huge inspiration to me and have taught me that despite everything that I have, everyone is beautiful. So like I said before, you remember that Leanne Woodfull when you come out of surgery, ok. Again, best of luck, love Jade xx

    ReplyDelete
  21. Good luck with your surgery Leanne! I've been through something similar, my teeth are in an awful state & I've been getting them fixed for the last few years, whenever I could afford it. It's a really tough thing to talk about but you're an inspiration & I hope it works for you x

    ReplyDelete
  22. Good luck with your surgery! I completely empathise with you about people picking on a certain aspect of your appearance (had it a million times with myself unfortunately).
    I think you're incredibly brave for talking about it in your video and I hope you have a speedy recovery! xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  23. Good Luck Leanne, I think you always look beautiful in your photos, especially your eyes and skin. Hope the surgery will make you completely happy and the recovery is not too bad.
    I have a very small jaw and was in and out of dentists growing up, having eight adult teeth removed and braces for almost 3 years, the pain is awful when its in your mouth so I really hope this is the last time you have to go through anything like that with your jaw and you will be more confident and happy than before :)

    ReplyDelete
  24. ps. Your eyeshadow is amazing in these photos!!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Good luck chuck! No matter what your still going to still be the same person with know an love! :)

    Pipp xx
    http://pippjones281190.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  26. Ahhh good luck on Tuesday! Lots of love xx

    fashiontatt.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  27. Good luck Leanne, we all know how the irish healthcare system is and i'm keeping my fingers severely crossed that it's not postponed <3 you're beautiful inside and out leanne and i hope the surgery goes well.x

    ReplyDelete
  28. Hi Leanne, i have just read your story. What a brave young lady you are and I'm sure an inspiration to many. You must be feeling so excited now. Wishing you lots of luck for Tuesday. Katie B @ Minerva Collection – UK Handbags & Jewellery

    ReplyDelete
  29. Good Luck and take care of yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  30. Best of luck! I love how honest you were here, youre a stunning girl overbite or no overbite and youll always have your readers to ever help you if you need it!

    A little bit Unique

    x


    ReplyDelete
  31. All the best Leanne! Hope everything goes smoothly. Sending lots of love your way <3

    ReplyDelete
  32. All the best pet just found your blog and your youtube, two of my friends had this surgery done last summer and they look amazing now! you look amazin with or without the surgery :)

    ReplyDelete
  33. Good Luck! you are very brave to make this post about everything you've been through and will go through.

    ReplyDelete
  34. best of luck to you<3 hope you have a speedy and beautiful recovery.

    ReplyDelete
  35. You wrote that so beautifully. You're already gorgeous but hopefully after this surgery you can feel and believe it yourself. I personally am lucky enough to not have had to deal with anything like this, but I can imagine you have helped so many people by writing this. My best friend has just be diagnosed with a skin condition that will cover her entire body in rashes, dry skin and sores, that will look like an extreme case of eczema. Luckily it only lasts up to 6 months but it will be horrible all the same. I'm often stuck for what to say to help her but this post has really helped me to understand what it will feel like for her and to know what to say to make her feel that little bit better. Goodluck with your surgery xx

    Cupcakes And Cocaine

    ReplyDelete
  36. You are an amazing, brave and candid young woman, and stronger than me, as I could never let people into such a painful part of my life - as you have done. Good luck and lots of positive thoughts as you go into this new chapter of your life. Stay strong.

    ReplyDelete
  37. Best of luck sweetie with everything, you are so brave as you have stayed so positive I've never heard (read or tweet) you rant or moan about it. I love that you shared this, as I'm sure there are plenty of others going thought the same thing, it's great that they can read this and know they are not a lone. You are so beautiful both inside and out, I'm glad you are having your day and getting your surgery in time I hope that the pain goes for you. I hope that it changes how you feel, no one should have to be in pain all the time. Your a star missy and so excited for you, make sure you rest up after, everyone will be here still. Loveage xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  38. I personally think you are beautiful. In every way possible, and people who make fun or chit-chatter about you cause of something you cant control is fucking pathetic. Best of luck to you

    ReplyDelete
  39. Good luck! Hope you recover soon.
    Love your eye makeup in the last pics. You got very pretty eyes. :)

    Sarah
    PrettyGloss - beauty, makeup & a lil gibberish

    ReplyDelete
  40. Great post Leanne, looking forward to seeing you today so I can wish you luck in person! xoxo

    www.WildChildStories.com

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  41. I've only started reading your blog recently but good luck! I can empathise a huge amount with having a condition that you have no control over. I suffer from severe chronic eczema and urticaria which covers me from scalp to foot but most predominantly on my face, neck, chest and arms which are always the most visible parts of me. There is no cure for eczema and it is an annoying sporadic illness that can be fine one day and flares up the next. I'm so glad you're lucky enough to be able to have a procedure, albeit a possibly painful one, as I know myself that I would indeed go to the ends of the earth to find a cure for this and to be able to do the things I used to such as embracing fashion and even wearing make-up, dyeing my hair etc.

    I hope it works for you and you can see my eczema blog here: http://i-have-eczema.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  42. I think this post is very brave, I really hope that this surgery will help you and that it will be worth what you will have to go through!
    I have an overbite, but it was never that bad even though i got bullied too.
    Good luck :)

    Spark&Bark

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  43. Leanne,
    I hope every thing goes according to plan on your surgery day. I hope you will be happy once it is all said and done. You deserve to be your happy confident self. I have an overbite and a big gap in my bottom teeth(and plus being overweight on top of it) and I know how hard it is to be confident with your self. And being bullied constantly. But it gets easier. I was lucky enough to find someone who loved ever aspect of me. I hope someday you can be that lucky too. I love you, girl! Best wishes! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  44. You were so brave to do this. It was such a great post.
    I wish you the best for your surgery and recovery!
    You are so strong!!

    best of luck
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  45. Good Luck Leanne.
    I hope the surgery goes well! I had my ears pinned back when I was 11 before going into secondary school because of them being large and sticking out a considerable amount. I had only a couple of weeks recovery so I wish you well in your recovery over the next few months :) Even though I wasn't bullied in primary school, I always noticed them and I can say because of having them fixed I have grown massively as a person. I am currently 16 and it did take some time to get used of looking at them but I am much happier with my appearance and no longer feel self conscious about them.
    You are so brave to post photos of yourself and I admire you even more because of it.
    I wish you well in your future endeavours and I can't wait to see you smile :D
    Ciara x

    ReplyDelete
  46. Good Luck Leanne, I hope it all goes smoothly!

    Lottie x

    http://lottiekerr.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  47. You are such a gorgeous lady, inside and out and I wish you all the luck in the world with the surgery and recovery time. I had a (teeth resting on lip) overbite but luckily braces and a head-brace ( I looked so attractive at sleepovers) sorted out the problem. I hope this new chapter in your life brings you the happiness you deserve :) xo

    ReplyDelete
  48. Goof luck with your surgery! Sounds like hell to have went through!

    ReplyDelete
  49. This is the first time I have ever read your blog, hence the first post I've read, and wow.. it's so amazing of you to open up like this. Everyone has different experiences of growing up, each of us thinking our teenage years were the pits, and although as you say you've had some dark times because of it, it seems like you're turning it into a positive, making you stronger.

    All the very best for tomorrow. It's a silly and little thing I often find wearing Wildfox helps me through tough days! I'm now following your blog and I hope to hear good news in the future.

    Dotty
    X

    ReplyDelete
  50. I have watched your videos for ages and I have never noticed you had an Underbite :S

    ReplyDelete
  51. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  52. Good luck Leanne, I have to say, I never noticed your under bite until you mentioned it once, even after months of reading your blog. I never realised just how serious this issue was until you've discussed it so bravely. I know how important it is to want perfect teeth and you're finally getting there :) stay positive and the best of luck to you for tomorrow and your recovery.
    You're beautiful :)

    ReplyDelete
  53. Best of luck, Leanne! It'll all be worth it in the end :) x

    ReplyDelete
  54. Good luck. I have a bite which is over 1cm to the left on my bottom jaw and a slight underbite which to me is very noticeable, and therefore i have no photos of me since i was much younger. i decided to go without surgery at this time because it would have been badly timed with exams etc... and i had a support network at the time who made me feel better but i have days where i wish that i had gone ahead with it especially on nights out when everyone is posing for photos and i can't because i know ill just want to delete it afterwards. i hope everything goes well, and the recovery isn't too tricky. xx good luck x

    ReplyDelete
  55. one of my best friends had this operation a few years ago and it has completely changed her face shape, and most importantly, her life. The reshaping of her jaw meant that she suddenly had beautiful cheek bones, but the best thing was the confidence. She could eat 'normally' (although it did take a few months for the swelling decrease enough for her to eat properly), and she suddenly loved to be in photos. Best of luck with the surgery- I have to admit, I hadn't even noticed it in your pics, but then by the sounds of it, you knew how to hide it, and did it well. Can't wait to see how it goes! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  56. I'm a fairly new follower and I was immediately drawn to you. I can imagine how you felt/feel. I just want to tell you how beautiful I think you are. I love that you are different than others. I am from California so your look and accent is so intriguing and gorgeous to me. I'm sorry for all the negative things you have had to go through, I wish you could see what I see because I can't get over how awesome you are and I admire you. Good luck and I hope it's a speedy recovery for you. I'm still healing from my wisdom teeth removal in January.
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  57. This is such an amazing post. I don't usually bother commenting on my favourite blogs, I just ponder and read a lot, but I felt like I had to comment on this. It's rare that people are so honest about things that get them down and it's so refreshing to see someone being matter of fact about it. I hope your surgery goes well, I can imagine this will change your life for the better :) Good luck. x

    ReplyDelete
  58. Good luck Leanne! & You are beautiful, underbite or not!

    lisatakespictures xo

    ReplyDelete
  59. you are honestly so gorgeous.
    i hope everything goes well xx

    ReplyDelete
  60. Good luck Leanne, I hope all goes well and you feel better in yourself because of it. It must have taken a lot for you to write about this, and I'm sure all your readers appreciate it. You are beautiful! I know it's hard, but concentrate on the positive comments, rather than the negative :) Best of luck once again! xx

    ReplyDelete
  61. Best of luck with your surgery Leanne you are truly an inspiration to keep fighting and to hang in there no matter how hard it gets:) I hope your underbite gets fixed but so will a piece of your life- the bullying and self-harm part, as no one will be able to say anything to you now, other than call you a fighter, because that's exacly what you are. You've inspired me to start blogging and it would be unreal to meet you one day and get a photo taken with you:) In the meantime, stay strong and I know your surgery will go, as the West of Ireland and Geordies say, 'Mint!' :)

    ReplyDelete
  62. Good luck Leanne!! And fair play for being brave enough to share your story!

    Aishling

    ReplyDelete
  63. Good luck with your surgery tomorrow Leanne!
    I look forward to seeing the great results, so excited for you xo

    http://iamncxo.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  64. I have to have a tooth transplant soon to correct my teeth, so this is so interesting to see! I hope everything goes well and I honestly think you are absolute stunning inside and out xx

    ReplyDelete
  65. I understand, I had an accident when I was around 6 that basically made my upper jaw to stop growing normally. I just turned 20 and I'm finally going to start getting it fixed. It's hard and some days are worse than others. I think we actually have pretty similar bites, well not anymore ;)
    I can't wait to see how it all heals but definitely come back when you're ready, I know how difficult this all can be and I'm just hopping for the best gor you and that hopefully some day soon I can as well be where you are now in the process. :D

    ReplyDelete
  66. Either way you are a beauty....and very strong. My heart goes out to you as it does to anyone who has been bullied (I know that feel bro!) x

    ReplyDelete
  67. You are such a beautiful person.
    x

    ReplyDelete
  68. My thoughts are with you lovely and I have to say how incredibly brave you are. Really admire your attitude towards all of this and life hun! I was told I have a condition to deal with for the next 2 years of my life but luckily it's not in a place where people can see it even though I'm very aware of it, I can't imagine how you've coped and those nasty bullies. One word though...karma. The bitches will get it back at them some day! Anyway I wish you all the luck in the world for your op and I am so glad to have discovered your fabulous your blog. You're a beauty!

    Elizabeth Daisy x

    Elizabeth Daisy x

    www.candyflosscurlscupcakesandcouture.com

    ReplyDelete
  69. You're incredibly brave and a beautiful person, inside and out. Wishing you a speedy recovery x

    ReplyDelete
  70. I had a friend go through that same surgery. :-/ I hope it went well, and you'll recover quickly! x

    ReplyDelete
  71. Thanks for sharing this Leanne! Someone very close to me got the exact same surgery - they are a new person since and has never looked back! I hope you're recovering well - it will all be worth it in the end, you're very brave!

    I know your a huge fan of Romwe.com so perhaps enter our giveaway to cheer yourself up? Were giving away a beautiful skirt from romwe.com! http://thescarletribbonblog.blogspot.ie/2013/03/our-first-giveaway.html

    ReplyDelete
  72. to be honest with you i loved your under bite! part of me is sad to see it go! but you still look absolutely stunning, glad to see your surgery went well

    ReplyDelete
  73. This also provides you with the opportunity to familiarize yourself with the names of the instruments.
    facelift utah

    ReplyDelete
  74. dental instrumentsis used for extracting the tooth and in used for clean the tooth we provide
    labourty and dental clinic.. affordable instruments
    surgical instruments
    dental forceps

    ReplyDelete
  75. just want to say thanks for sharing your experience. i am having the same experience. actually cried myself to sleep last night because of it. my jaw surgery isn't till December and right now the underbite really taking a toll on me physically and mentally. I've also been continuously teased over and over from high school till now, anywhere i go. Its really a sad thing.

    ReplyDelete
  76. just want to say thanks for sharing your experience. i am having the same experience. actually cried myself to sleep last night because of it. my jaw surgery isn't till December and right now the underbite really taking a toll on me physically and mentally. I've also been continuously teased over and over from high school till now, anywhere i go. Its really a sad thing.

    ReplyDelete
  77. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  78. I can see that you are putting a lot of time and effort into your site
    and detailed articles! I am deeply in love with every single
    piece of information you post here.

    Ophthalmology
    Surgical instruments
    Dental Instruments
    Beauty instruments

    ReplyDelete
  79. wow, you are so pretty.....you don't need surgery, i love your under-bite, and i think braces are freaky in a good way, like sexy,lol... well, i suppose if doctors say the surgery will make your teeth last longer and stay healthy...but you are totally, amazingly beautiful:)) i hope your not gonna eradicate all trace of your love under-bite...

    ReplyDelete
  80. oh sweetie that's not a disfigurement, my husband has that, he is the most beautiful gorgeous handsome dude on earth:)) a whole lot of under bite is an imperfection, yours is just sexy, and never is it a disfigurement, are you kidding me...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a disfigurement. I was fully entitled to have the surgery if I wanted to. Your husband's experience doesn't equate everyone's. Your intentions are nice but drowned in ignorance.

      Delete
  81. My underbite surgery is next Friday I'm absolutely bricking it but also super excited. After reading this it's given me a good idea of what to expect, thank you for documenting your experience!
    Lucy,
    www.lucydivision.com
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  82. I'm now day 21 post operation, extremely frustrated and a lot harder than I'd ever imagined. I've had near enough the same problem and corrective jaw surgery as yourself and it is hard and people do not understand what you're going through. Enjoyed your blog really helpful, thanks and hope you're enjoying it, can't wait to see what you look like after 12 months, the big mile stone!

    ReplyDelete
  83. I am just now starting my surgery journey, you're very inspiring! I have started a blog documenting my jaw as well. Hope all is well xo

    ReplyDelete
  84. Miss Leanne you're still very beautiful, even if you're having under bite problem, there is still a solution to that and it that will be successful, please do share with us cause you made me inspire! I am currently using retainers now and hopefully also it will work.
    Xerxes
    Manhattan dental clinic

    ReplyDelete

Leave me a comment..